Tuesday, August 02, 2005

How Hard Can Finding a Name Be, Really?

All of a sudden I have some free time on my hands, so I figure I should start a Blog. Everyone else on the planet has one and I'm certainly not one to be outdone. I can write and in real life I'm frightfully witty. Blogging should be easy, right?

WRONG!!!

Leave it to a woman with 2 degrees and 11 letters in her first name to fuck up blogging before she even writes one word. I get to the first page which asks you to name your blog. I pause for all of 2 seconds before I think of the most clever title possible - a name that should only be reserved for me (not that I'm self-centered or anything like that). As soon as I click the "continue" button, i get a lovely little note saying that my name has already been taken. What bastard has my name??? Do you know that it actually took an additional 15 minutes to finally find a name that no one else has? What rat-bastard has my name?

So instead of spending those 15 minutes writing the meaningful intro that I'd originally planned, I'm pissed because it took me too damn long to find a name for my sucky blog. My wine is kicking in and now all I want to do is sleep. So this is how it begins. You'll take it and you'll like it, dammit!

What have I learned from this debacle? Clearly, I'm not nearly as clever as I thought I was. Nah! Fuck that. The real moral of the story is that I can ramble on about naming my blog and at least one person in the universe will actually take time to read about it. Sucker!

2 Comments:

Blogger foxxxylove said...

This is what happens when you have "XXX" included in your name, kiddies. Don't try this at home.

8/04/2005 4:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm the sucker that not only read your first blog, but all of them so far. And you are fucking funny!

8/06/2005 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home