Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Hey Kool-Aid!!!!


I Hate NOT Being an Angry Black Woman, mainly because people feel free to ask you the most stupid things. I'm seriously considering strapping a video camera to my forehead because you would not believe the things people say to me. Maybe I should consider a camera crew, but I don't want anyone to mistake me for a relative of Bobby Brown.

Here's the latest chapter in the Not So Angry Black Woman Chronicles. Today, I was running some errands and I started to chat with this white chick (some of my best friends are white, really, tee hee hee). We were line at the Starbucks and I ordered one of the Passion Iced Teas. The remainder of the conversation/tailspin went like so:

White Chick (WC): That tea reminds of me of cherry kool-aid.
Foxxxy: Really? It's a bit watered down for that, but OK. (I thought to myself, white people sure don't know how to make Kool-aid. Am I racist?)
WC: Do you mind if I ask you something?
Foxxxy: Uh? Sure. (I'm gonna regret this, aren't I?)
WC: I've always wanted to know this. Why do black people call kool-aid by the color instead of the flavor?
Foxxxy: Huh?
WC: You know. You call cherry "red" and grape "purple?"
Foxxxy: Ohhhhh. (this bitch clearly wants to get slapped). Well, black people are simply intellectually superior. I mean, on what planet does a grape taste like that?
WC: Ummmm. (i think she was afraid to answer. too bad that fear didn't enter her BEFORE she asked that dumb ass question).
Foxxxy: Exactly!

3 Comments:

Blogger Romius T. said...

hey, you should be able to login and see the bathos site and publish. I expect a link to me rather soon.

8/04/2005 12:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Black people call Kool-Aid 'red'? I had no idea.

8/06/2005 8:37 AM  
Blogger foxxxylove said...

Sad but true. Black people refer to kool-aid by color. I mean, it makes perfect sense to me, especially with the funky flavors they have nowadays. Kool-aid makes mint-blast or mango. I'd rather just say green or orange!

8/06/2005 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home