Monday, February 06, 2006

Can non-black people be GHETTO?

Why yes they can. Case in point:

Shorty and I threw a party for Rosey Palm this weekend. We sent out an evite with about 60 invitees. In the party description, I said "feel free to invite anyone we may have forgotten." Now, to grown ass folks with the sense the good Lord gave them, that means "feel free to bring your sweetie or your sister or someone I simply forgot to add because I didn't have their email address." That DID NOT mean "feel free to invite about 20 random ass folks that I don't know and who don't even know who the birtday girl is."

Well, you guess it. Someone being of not so sound mind and body decided to invite an entourage of randoms who stole 1 cell phone, 1 digital camera, and a bottle of wine. Oh, it gets worse. Those suckas also broke Shorty's stove! WTF?

Now, everyone at the party was in their late 20s and early 30s, professionals, or graduate or professional students. So, how the hell do you have theiving folks who destroy home appliances? Well folks, no matter how old or educated some people get, they still act like fuckin idiots. I wouldn't say ghetto, cuz except for me and a couple other guests (my sister and my friend's date), they weren't black. There sure were a lot of NDNS though. I guess the more proper term would be REZZED OUT!

So, the moral of the story is that from now on, my parties will be invite-only (and I know some folks who will NOT be on that last). Having said that, the party was actually really fun and the overwhelming majority of folks behaved like grown folks should.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rudy Zarsov said...

I guess my invitation got lost in the mail, huh?

2/07/2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger foxxxylove said...

well, had you been in America at the time, you certainly would've been welcome!

2/07/2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger Christiane said...

Can so relate. Spent last weekend stepping over passed out professional drunks and cleaning up vomit from the bathroom sink. Nothing stolen except for, oh, prescription medications and my sense of good will towards man.

Other than that, I think we had fun. Still recuperating . . .

2/07/2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger Rudy Zarsov said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/07/2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger Rudy Zarsov said...

You could have a party between 16th March and 30th March and I'll be there.
I'll be the one with the corks dangling from my hat, a can of VB in me hand and saying "G'day, strewth, fairdinkum, you beauty, stone the flamin crows cobber and bugger me dead mate"

But so I will stand out I'll wear my special tshirt with "American women bang like a dunny door in a windstorm" printed on the front and "I need a beer I'm as dry as a dead dingos donger" on the back"

See ya there.

2/07/2006 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home