Monday, September 19, 2005

I'm Sick, Bitches!!!

How is it possible to have a cold in the summer?

So in my sick stooper, I'm watching one of the 2 movies with John Travolta that I actually enjoy. Stayin Alive is a classic among classics. It has violence, romance, and gay men dancing around in tights. What more could you ask for?

Not only is it my 2nd favorite Travolta movie (Pulp Fiction is #1), but it's also one of my favorite dance movies. That's right - I love a good dance movie. So while I'm sitting here waiting for my Nyquil to set in, allow me to indulge myself. Here's my Top 10 List of Foxxxy's Fancy Footwork Flicks:


10. White Nights - A brilliant combination of Communism, guns, and grand pliers!!! I like the scene where Mikhail and Gregory dance together!

9. Tap - I can't help it. I like Gregory Hines. I also love tap. Did ya'll know I used to tap? I probably still got it!

8. Fame - All I have to say is "If you want fame, fame costs. And right here is where you start payin." Debbie Allen still scares me to this day.

7. Center Stage - Ok. This is likely the most corny movie on the planet, but you gotta love the last dance at the end. This is the original dance to "Canned Heat." Sorry Napolean!

6. Dirty Dancing - Nobody puts Baby in a corner! Ok, so Swayze is totally skeezy, but what a way to lose your virginity. I lost mine . . . uh . . . that's another post.

5. You Got Served - Remember when B2K liked one another? I'll admit it. I LOVE THIS MOVIE and wish I was like 10 years younger so I could dance like that. The best part is that the white guyz totally get served in the end. It was almost as good as Cartmen and Stan getting served!

4. Bring It On - Cheerleading is a form of dance, bitches! I remember cheer camp and spirit sticks (another lifetime ago as well). It's a shame that cheers NEVER change. Back in the day, I brought it like it has never been broughten (Ok, so that's not really from Bring it On, but it was inspired by it. Does that count?)

3. Breakin & Breakin II: Electric Boogaloo - How can you choose between these two? Really, how can you? They were filmed simultaneously. Shabadoo and Booglaoo Shrimp are breakin elders now, but how cool where they back in the day? And who can forget the soundtrack? Save the Last Dance, or as I call it, "Breakin III: White chick slums it in the hood", did not do these films justice!

2. Stayin Alive: Ok, is it just me or was Cynthia Geary a WAAAY better dancer than Finola Hughes? Ya'll remember Cynthia Geary? She played Penny in Dirty Dancing.

1. Footloose: I watch this movie every time it comes on. What I can't figure out though is how that white kid knows how to breakdance. And why is Kevin Bacon the "hardest" gymnast/dancer I've ever seen (tee hee hee).

Now that I've rambled, I must pass out for I just can't help myself. Are colds catchy through the computer *sneeze*?

2 Comments:

Blogger Rudy Zarsov said...

Get well soon Foxxxy. All of Australia is rootin for ya.

[I'm glad that you don't know what rootin means in Aussy slang hahaha]

9/20/2005 1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like footloose too! Put some Vick's on your chest...

9/20/2005 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home