Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Yes Massa! I's gwine to pick a bale o cotton down yonder!


I just read about a middle school in suburban Detroit that was making children sing an old Negro spiritual (my ass) about pickin cotton and how much fun it is. Luckily, the token black child's parent complained and the song was removed from the program, BUT not before he had to remove his child from the concert AND certainly not before a school representative stuck up for the decision to keep the song.

The official noted that she sang the song as a school girl in the 1950's and "It's like a Southern type of folk song. I remember it being perky. It was more of a song that people just sang for fun." Then the BITCH started singin the song over the phone to the reporter. Say it with me people - What the FUCK?

The lyrics of this perky tune include:

“Gonna jump down, spin around, pick a bale of cotton; gonna jump down, spin around, pick a bale a day.”

That's because pickin cotton is cotton-pickin fun! Oh wait! It get's better. Apparently, the school's version was the Radio Edit. The original ditty went a lil sumthin like dis:

“That nigger from Shiloh can pick a bale of cotton; that nigger from Shiloh can pick a bale a day.”

Well, I'm glad he was from Shiloh. He coulda been from Phoenix, and you know how those Phoenix negroes do.

If I decide to run a middle school music program, I think I'll include the old negro spirituals of yesteryear. These include "Kill Whitey" and "Fuck the Police."

For more info, click here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Romius T. said...

Hey now if you could just get that white power sister group to sing with'em.

11/17/2005 7:09 PM  
Blogger Rudy Zarsov said...

Hey Foxxxxxxxxxxy you cute little American foxybabe, any chance of you sending me an email?
Don't worry I wont stalk you or anything nasty like that but I have some news that may interest you.
rudyzarsov@yahoo.co.uk

11/23/2005 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home