Friday, February 17, 2006

That's Real Niggerish!

My dear dear friend Wyatt emailed me this MySpace page this morning. I think I'll just post his entire email as I couldn't have said it better myself. When will our people rise up and overcome? OH, and if you are NOT BLACK but you happen to know me, DO NOT THINK FOR ONE MINUTE THAT YOU CAN GO AROUND USING THE N WORD IN MY PRESENCE OR ON MY BLOG. Sorry, but in the day and age of Chapelle's Show you gotta remind some fools. (I've included my own commentary in RED).

"This was a myspace bulletin a real person sent me (I don't actually know this person, but they're one of my 'friends').

It's a poem-ish thing about being a 'Real Nigga' and doing things a Real Nigga would do but it's all things a gentleman would do. And that's funny to me because I guess this guy is so ignorant than rather be a Black man he would rather be a nigga, but wants to make the distinction that he's a sweet nigga.

And I included the only Nikki Giovanni poem I know to compare his poetry to that of an established poet, who also has an opinion on niggers/niggas."
Most likely the realest nigga you'll eva meet . . .
by Some Nigga (OK, I totally added this)
  1. A real nigga doesn't kiss and tell.
  2. A real nigga notices your hair and nails. I don't want anyone noticing my hair today. I ran out of conditioner.
  3. A real nigga call you beautiful . . . not hot, sexy, or fine. I dunno. I likes to be called fine and be reminded how thick I am.
  4. A real nigga calls you on a daily basis no matter how busy or tired he is.
  5. A real nigga looks past what he's heard about you or what his friends think of you.
  6. A real nigga wants to spend as much time as he can with you, and won't get sick of you. That's just unrealistic. I get tired of niggas, so I'm sure they tire of me.
  7. A real nigga doesn't care if you gave it up on the first, second or third night. Who's counting anyway? You gotta let a ho be a ho, HO!
  8. A real nigga comes over, just to watch a movie. Hopefully it's not Beauty Shop. That movie was garbage.
  9. A real nigga kissed you on the forehead just because. But it ain't so sweet if you get cut up by his iced out grill!
  10. A real nigga doesn't tell you what he thinks you want to hear, he tells you what's real. Fuck that! Lie to me, dammit!
  11. A real nigga should be treated like one. OK, how exactly is that?

Ladies - If you want a real nigga then rpost this as "I WANT A REAL NIGGA." Guys - If you a real nigga repost this as "I'M A REAL NIGGA." And anyone who does this is a real fool!

The True Import Of Present Dialogue, Black vs. Negro (For People, Who Will Ultimately Judge Our Efforts)
by Nikki Giovanni I won't allow myself to make fun of Nikki

Nigger
Can you kill
Can you kill
Can a nigger kill
Can a nigger kill a honkie
Can a nigger kill the Man
Can you kill nigger
Huh? nigger can youkill
Do you know how to draw blood
Can you poison
Can you stab-a-Jew
Can you kill huh? nigger
Can you kill
Can you run a protestant down with your'68 El Dorado
(that's all they're good for anyway)
Can you kill
Can you piss on a blond head
Can you cut it off
Can you kill
A nigger can die
We ain't got to prove we can die
We got to prove we can kill
They sent us to kill
Japan and Africa
We policed Europe
Can you kill
Can you kill a white man
Can you kill the nigger
in you
Can you make your nigger mind
die
Can you kill your nigger mind
And free your black hands to
strangle
Can you kill
Can a nigger kill
Can you shoot straight and
Fire for good measure
Can you splatter their brains in the street
Can you kill them
Can you lure them to bed to kill them
We kill in Viet Nam
for them
We kill for UN & NATO & SEATO & US
And everywhere for all alphabet but
BLACK
Can we learn to kill WHITE for BLACK
Learn to kill niggers
Learn to be Black men

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nikki Giovanni Rocks!
-La Isla

2/19/2006 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord, help us!

That's why write the kind of poetry that I write.

3/05/2006 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home