Wednesday, December 06, 2006

You're not supposed to light a match near gas!


Ok. I admit it. I fart. I'm human. We all do it. But, do we light a match on an airplane afterward? I think not. Well, some yokel from Nashville decided that a lady must cover the scent of her poot with a lighted match . . . on a plane! Read on . . .

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - It is considered polite to light a match after passing gas. Not while on a plane.

An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said.

The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers reported smelling burning sulfur from the matches, said Lynne Lowrance, spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority. All 99 passengers and five crew members were taken off and screened while the plane was searched and luggage was screened.

The FBI' questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odor," Lowrance said. She had an unspecified medical condition, authorities said.

"It's humorous in a way but you feel sorry for the individual, as well," she said. "It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."

The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane. The woman, who was not identified, was not charged in the incident.

Dayum. Did it stank that bad that she had to light a match on a plane? I guess she thought so. It's pretty bad when you can smell yourself. Right Romius (tee hee hee)? Maybe planes should now include "No Farting" signs too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! And now you can't bring tiny aerosol container nor liquids / pump sprays on a plane anymore either to mask that smell! I hears of this before, lighting a match to mask such odors... btw - did you see the Tyra Banks show (about 2 days ago) when she had Janet Jackson on? I guess when she ran out of questions for Janet, she asked if Janet would own up to her farts in public... wtf?? Poor Janet, she tried to play it off but Tyra kept diggin' at it and finally admitted on national television that she - the one and only Tya - is just human afterall like the rest of us and has a horrible problem with gas! Thought you would like that *g*

12/07/2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger Knows It All said...

Which is why I am not lighting candles in my own home. NO, not flatulence related....but I think our "pilot light" is not lit, and we had the thermostat on, so i think my house was filling with natural gas. Its a darn good thing Im alive. I hear that the neighbors house blew up a few years ago where there is now an empty lot..(a la THE BURBS). I don't want that to happen.

I hate homeownership. i suck at it.

12/07/2006 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home